Your child's safety is our top priority. We follow strict guidelines to make Oloko a safe and protected space on the internet. Within the Oloko family, we have a child welfare officer, a data protection expert and a well-trained team of moderators, whose mission it is to ensure the safety of your child.
All children have to be safe, at all times! This is our promise:
- Strict rules ensure that all children feel comfortable and safe.
- Teams of well-trained moderators monitor all the chats in all languages.
- Inappropriate behaviour - bullying, bad language or the publication of personal details that reveal the identity of your child - is not tolerated.
- If rules are broken, we lock the player for up to 24 hours. In extreme cases, the membership can be terminated and can only be reactivated with parental consent.
- We will never ask for personal data. At registration, an anonymous avatar with a made up name is chosen. This avatar is synonymous with a safe online identity.
- To help us adapt and frequently update our services according to the needs of the age group that our young players belong to, you can provide your child's birth date. This way, we can also provide for example a birthday surprise. The entry of a birth date is voluntary, can be adapted or changed at any time and is also very easy to delete.
- No personal information is ever given out to third parties – never ever.
The Oloko Rules
- Play nice! Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.
- Never reveal personal data such as your family name, address, telephone number, email address, the name of your school, messenger IDs, etc.
- Keep your password to yourself.
- Do not insult others or use bad language.
- Play fair and do not cheat.
- Do not mention other websites, as we can only guarantee your safety on Oloko.
- Never meet up with other players without being accompanied by your parents.
- Does something feel strange to you? Quit the conversation and report to a moderator!
This is what makes our chat safe:
- Well-trained moderators who function as watchdogs.
- Automated filters that block the use of inappropriate words and the circulation of personal data.
- An ignore function that enables you to simply mute annoying players.
- A report function that allows you to bring a breach of rules directly to the attention of the moderators.
- Users who do not keep to the rules are issued a warning or blocked from the chat.
- Outside of moderated chat times, only pre-written messages can be used.
- There are no guest accounts, every user has to register and verify their identity.
- A comprehensive and inviting help section.
If you have any questions concerning the safety of your child, our child welfare officer is always happy to hear from you: email@example.com.
If you have any questions about data protection, our data protection expert is always happy to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Better Safety on the Internet
Together with our partner, the childrens' safety software provider Dolphin Media Germany AG, our goal is to protect kids on the internet even more. We thrive to strengthen the general awareness of safe surfing and introduce security aspects in playful surroundings.
Children should have fun and be safe while exploring the internet! That is why Oscar the Dolphin, the courageous mascot of Dolphin Secure, put together a small internet guide for children. This guide contains 10 useful tips, showing children how to navigate the internet more safely and what to watch out for.
Dolphin Media Germany AG concentrates on innovative internet concepts that help make typical communication alteratives in social networks, such as chats, safer and more user friendly for children and youngsters. Through Dolphin Secure, the modern children's security software, Dolphin Media Germany AG offers a comprehensive solution against unsettling web contents and anonymous contact acceptances in the net.