Make your own videos
You would like to make your own video? Just follow these steps and be creative!
Before you get started:
- What type of video would you like to make? You can record an animated video (computer screen, etc.) or create a slide show with music. You can also add text to your video.
- What do you need to make your video? You will need pictures and/or videos that you have previously recorded on Oloko, a text, pictures of Oloko, screenshots, etc.
You can take videos directly off your screen with the software "Hypercam". Just click here to download it. The software is free, but a water mark will always be displayed to your top left (“Unregistered hypercam”). You can also record yourself and your friends with it while you're playing Oloko.
To take a screenshot, you usually press "ALT" and "PrtScr" or the "Print Screen" button. This key is located to the top right, beside the "scroll" and "Pause" keys.
Then you open an editing program such as "Paint" (Windows standard) or "Photoshop", go to "edit" -> "Paste" (image 1). Now you have pasted the image of your desktop and can cut out the part of it that you want to save as a picture: Click "options", to choose the section. Then click on "edit" again -> "copy", open a new document ("file"-> "new") and just paste it. Now you can save it as an image and use it.
Now you've got everything you need to create your own video!! Let's go!!
There is various software that you can use to create videos. We recommend the free Windows Movie Maker (image 2), that is already included in Windows! Either you access it through your programms (via the start button, under "Accessories") or directly by searching for it.
Got it? Here's what'll happen next:
- Start a new project.
- Import your images, sounds or videos that you want to use. To do that, click on "import", drag your files into the "Storyboard" and move them around with your cursor within the bar, depending on where you want to place them.
- In order to cut an element or to create a single picture, click on the element in the Storyboard and edit it in the video window located at the top right above the Storyboard. You can add transitions between pictures or videos via the option "Edit Movie" to your top left.
- Add music or sound in the same fashion. To do that, change from Storyboard to "timeline" (image 3).
- Now save your project under "file" to your computer. You'd best do that right in the beginning and press "save" every once in a while, so you won't lose any of your progress!
When the video is done, upload it to YouTube and share it with all your friends and with us!!! You can find the Oloko Team on YouTube by searching for OLOKOWORLD. Maybe you'll take a liking to making videos. We'd like to see what you come up with!